<VV> Diff lube question

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Wed Jul 23 11:09:38 EDT 2008

Recently I had to completely refill the diff in my track car.  As usual i went to the local hot rod shop to buy Red Line gear oil.  I picked up two quarts of what i thought was 75W140 lube.  I didn't notice that mixed in with them on the shelve was a quart of a Red Line product called MTL (Manual Transmission/transaxle lubricant).
I didn't notice the mix up because both were the same price and the bottles are almost identical.  I stopped at the local Chevy place and got a bottle of their limited slip diff additive.  When home and put all of it in the diff--then and only then did i notice the MTL.
The MTL bottle says its 70W80 API GL-4 Gear oil.  I think I'm OK but would appreciate any comments.  I really don't want the hassle of draining it all.  Got work to do to get ready for the Olympics.
Thanks in advance.