<VV> Demise of the scale model?

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 19:06:31 EDT 2008

I was somewhat surprised today while hunting for some glue for my nephew to use to assemble his first Corvair model that all of the stores in town no longer carry model glue or even scale models...not even Walmart! Seems that youngsters are not willing to pay $12-$15 when they can sit around and play video games (for up to $100+) or watch porno on the Internet for free. What happened to mowing lawns all day to purchase a $1.49 AMT 3-in-1 Corvair to customize to the hilt? (I did see about 6-8 model cars in a Big Lots, but they were the pop together kind). So, if you had planned to purchase a scale model sometime in the future, you might want to start looking in case the same thing is happening in your neck of the woods. 'Course if you want a Corvair, just drop me a line, as I still have over 500 of them (some dealer case lots). Can't help you with the glue, however, but you can probably still get it off eBay or in a full blown hobby store, which might also become our last hope for plastic models....if they can stay in business.
Grant