<VV> Float drop question

James Davis jld at wk.net
Wed Jul 23 19:38:13 EDT 2008

Depends on the type of needle and seat.  If the drop is too great,
the needle will wedge in the seat causing flooding.  All you need is
enough drop to allow the fuel level in the carb to drop as Rochester
intended.  Too little drop and the fuel level in the carb will get
too low causing a lean condition at full throttle.  I find the Viton
tipped needles most prone to lodging. Of course if you use Gross Jets
you don't have a float drop setting problem.
Jim Davis