<VV> Subject: Re: Float drop question

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 24 09:52:12 EDT 2008

OK, I'm new at this, but doesn't a car installed with an electric
pump always have gas in the carb when the ignition is turned on?   If
that is the case, there can be no contact of the float to the bottom
of the carb at anytime that there is vibration of the car that would
cause the float to rub against the bottom of the bowl.  During
operation (driving) the bowl always has some gas in the bowl, right?

Stephen "the carb education in theory and practice continues" Upham