<VV> Rear Lower Control "Strut Rod" washers

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 12:10:57 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/24/2008 11:44:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

Mark  Asks:

I need the washers that are on the rear strut rod bushings, I  lost mine and
can't find any. Does anyone have some? Or know where I  could get them? I
don't
care if they are used either.
Not sure if it  matters, but I have  a 66 Corsa.

Bob Hall answers:

I have  found that the shock absorber bushing washers are the same    thing.
If
you have any old shocks around they work   fine.

So Seth comments:

Maybe. I think he was  talking about the washers that are used on either
side
of the  bushing that is pressed into the heavy lower strut rods. The strut
rods that bolt under the differential on a late model. Those washers are
special
because they have a slight shoulder in the center which drops into  the
inside  tube of the bushing. This locates the bushing in relation  to the
through
bolt. I agree that the toe-control rods near the  front of the trailing arms
use, essentially, a pin-type shock  absorber upper mounting rubber and
washer. -
Seth

Mark, As Harry and Seth point out there is a big difference in size and
purpose.  Which ones do you need?

Bob Hall

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.