<VV> Subject: Re: Float drop question

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 24 12:59:59 EDT 2008

I'm just curious why the instructions with the minor repair kit from
Clark's says 1 3/4"  (apparently the instructions from Rochester),
the '65 shop manual says 1 1/2" and I've been told by someone who
knows his stuff to set it at 1 1/16"???  BTW, I set the left hand at
1 1/2" as I was working on the leaking problem.  The right hand had
not leaked and so was not taken off.  I set it per the Clark's
instructions (1 3/4").  I have both carbs now installed completely.
Should I take that right one off and re-calibrate it, or leave well
enough alone if it functions properly??

Stephen "not looking forward to taking off the carbs again for
awhile"  Upham