<VV> Question about cleaning liquid

Jim Houston jhouston001 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 24 13:42:47 EDT 2008

I recently purchased a 20gal cleaning tank from Harbor Freight.  The
"degreaser" that HF sells seems to be nothing more than soap.  I want to
get something more effective and I am trying to decide between K1
Kerosene and Mineral Spirits (Stoddard Solvent).  I know that both will
work well for cleaning, but my concern is which one would be better from
the standpoint of fire safety?  The MSDS for both puts the flashpoints
within a few degrees for each.  My question to the gurus on VV is -
which would you use (and why or why not?)...??  Thanks in advance,

Jim Houston
'65 Monza coupe