<VV> Frank Asks Re: Subject: Re: Float drop question

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Fri Jul 25 10:56:17 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/25/2008 7:30:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
FrankCB at aol.com writes:

Stephen,
While I don't have info on the "early" (1964  and  earlier) Corvairs, ALL
later models (1965-69) have an oil  pressure switch that  turns on a red
light
on the dash to warn of low  or NO oil pressure.  It's  hard for me to believe
that ANY car  in the past 50+ hears does NOT have  this kind of switch
installed
to  warn the driver of lack of oil pressure so  he can shut down the engine
before it is destroyed.
Check your wiring diagram.   What year is your  car?
Regards,
Frank  Burkhard

That oil pressure switch is set for so low a pressure (to avoid frightening
the driver in normal driving situations) that when it does come on, you've
messed up your engine by the time you can turn off the ignition switch. That's
why drivers who actually want to know what's going on install a pressure
gauge.

Scotty from Hollyweird

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.