<VV> Jack Stand Sticker and Correct Position in Trunk

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Jul 25 11:37:07 EDT 2008

Hi David,

I'm not sure if I know the answer anyway, but a couple things that
may lead to better advice:

  - First, this is a *jack*, not a jack stand.  Be very aware that
when someone says "don't get under the car supported by a jack" the
item you are asking about is what they mean.  A jack stand looks
roughly like a very heavy duty tripod and is used to hold the car in
the air once you've raised it with the jack.
  - Two, I'm going to infer by your question that this is a
convertible.  It would help if you posted the year and body style -
most Corvair jacks go in the engine compartment, at least on late
models.

--Bryan