<VV> Autocross and car show.

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Sat Jul 26 21:57:03 EDT 2008

As you already know by now the autocross and car show will be at Bush Stadium(16 st, Speedway) 1501 West 16th Street, Indianapolis.

We will be doing this on our own--due to unexpected high insurance costs.. So we're going to need lots of help.
Tom Miller is organizing the car show--Tomill at iquest.net
??? The show cars will be facing 16th street, and you will have to walk past them to see the racing. And the racing Corvairs will actually have a cheering section!!!

Michael and I will be setting up the autocross course. We did a course on this site last fall. The SCCA groups thought that it was quite fast and loose---so should be just right for Corvairs.

We should be there at 7:00 AM or earlier(whenever the sun comes up)?to begin setting up.

Bob Dunahugh generously agreed to bring timing equipment and pylons. The pylons are? rented from his local Corvette club and are small and unmarked. Think that we can dirty them up??? If anyone has a few 18" or taller cones please bring them. In the stores, they are called "Plumber's Cones).
?? We'll need help with marking the pylons and marking the course direction. Anyone got a few extra bags of flour??
?? I bought some plaster board today and cut it up for course marking.
I will bring a sound system and Michael is bringing a generator.

We'll need:
course workers when not running
Timing literate individuals
Registration people
Scorers
Anouncer
"Pit Babes"
many Walkie Talkies and batteries.
Brooms
White and colored masking tape for car numbers
Fire extinguishers
Chairs,
Tables
Canopies
Display /score boards
post it notes
Dry erase markers
Waivers/wrist bands
Flags/bandanas, etc
Cars? pre classed and ready for tech--Please no battery hold down or seat belt issues.
Bring your own helmet.? 2000 up? Snell MA will do.
Rain gear, umbrellas, or sunblock--It is Indiana.

Oh, bring a fast car--Michael will be tough to beat..
Trophies are the same size for street classes as for comp. classes.
Any special Tweety categories desired???

See you there,

Warren