<VV> VirtualVairs presentation

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun Jun 1 22:34:31 EDT 2008

It's ironic to me that folks always seem to think that a suggestion to
improve something automatically means more rules and a loss of what you like
about the way things are.

VV's presentation IS archaic. In the digest mode there's a TON on gibberish
between each post, all the posts run together, we can't include pictures, we
have to snip and paste to reply, modify the "TO" and past the SUBJECT,
yaadda yadda yadda.

Imagine instead, everything of what you like about VV made easier, better,
and more fun. What's not to like about that? Imagine always having access to
the latest and not waiting for a digest or being flooded with email on
topics you don't care about. Imagine including pictures with you postings.
All I'm talking about here is BETTER, not less; and actually FEWER rules.

I think the tone isn't the biggest issue, though we do seem to do a pretty
good job of running off both the newbies and many of the really
knowledgeable old salts. A change to a different mail format will make it
for fun for everyone and the tone will take care of itself.

Food for thought.
Craig