<VV> EM ignition switch removal

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jun 2 00:22:39 EDT 2008

Yes, lock is full CCW on an early.

No, you must turn the cylinder full CCW (lock) and then insert the paper
clip and keep turning CCW.

Spray the cylinder with lock-ease or similar. Wiggle the supposed to
work key in the lock cylinder. Wiggle, jiggle, slide in and out.
Hopefully it will work.

If not, here is where you use all the spare keys you have saved over the
years. Do the wiggle, jiggle again with every B10 and B11 blank you can
get your hands on. With the cylinder out, a locksmith can make a key or
confirm if the key is the same as the door key.

If all else fails, drive the car to the locksmith.

Frank DuVal