<VV> Need some discussion on "Jet", high tech Ceramic coatings

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 13:47:05 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/2/2008 4:48:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
robovair at sbcglobal.net writes:

Wht I am  finding out is that they seem to insulate to well.  With the
shrouds on,  I can't get enough temperature to open the bellows.  As I run, the
temperature starts to build to a point where I begin to overheat,  Temp's  around
400  in a Monza  110 horse.  Then the temp drops sharply  to about 300 then
slowly climbs back to 400 then drops back to 300.  What  I have been able to
discover is that the coating insualtes so well, the  bellows are not getting
enough heat to cause them to open.  The motor  begins to overheat, to a point
where they do open, then as the temp drops,  they close again allowing the heat
to build up.  And so  on.

My purpose was to insulate the heat to keep it  from radiating up into the
motor, my goal was to help cool [reduce heat] but I  am afarid I have gone to
far.

Bob  Bauer

You've given me some interesting information.  Maybe you weren't aware  of
this, but many Corvair owners (the performance-oriented ones) remove the  lower
shrouds in order to help cool their engines. See "The Classic Corvair" by  Bob
Helt for data on this (even GM design checked this out and published
results.)

Scotty from Hollyweird

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.