<VV> Need some discussion on "Jet", high tech Ceramic coatings

Jack Kean jkean at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 2 21:07:07 EDT 2008

That's an interesting conclusion.. How were you able to determine that
the bellows were not opening? I have been experiencing similar
overheating problems (I live in Arlington Texas), but had not thought
about those manifolds.I will be looking closer at that. Guess I will
also be looking to trade my manifolds (clark's reproductions) for a set
of uncoated ones if this proves out. Do you have a set of uncoated
manifolds to install so you can evaluate the results? I've not noticed
the wild temperature swings because I'm not driving this car daily. I'm
just trying to sort it out. I also wondered if my fan belt was slipping
because the engine has a spring loaded tensioner. Then there is the oil
cooler bypass spring that must be 40+ years old. All potential
contributors, but the exhaust manifolds sound very suspicious.

jack kean.