<VV> short shifter nonsense? was: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 41, Issue 7

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 10:52:43 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/3/2008 10:22:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

Well,  despite PART NUMBER documentation to the contrary, explain this
incident to  me. I had a '69 4speed that had what I felt was a long throw to
it. Second  was far back, while third seemed almost under the dash. I
installed (the  only change done) a Corsa shift lever, and suddenly the
shift distance was  shorter. Visually, I couldn't detect any measurement
difference in the  shifters. But the results sure were noticably different.
This is practical  experience, not part number research, speaking. And I
can't otherwise  explain it. Can you?

Mark,

Is there any difference in the distance the tube has to move to shift the
gears between a '65 trans. and the beefier later transmission used in the  '69

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Washington DC Suburbs
'64 Brier