<VV> transmission fluid

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Jun 3 23:21:07 EDT 2008

As Steve said, Dexron III is the current fluid available.

Historical short non inclusive footnote: Life for ATF began as ATF Type
A. Then Ford added Type F. Dexron replaced Type A at some point,
although both types were available for a while. Improvements in Dexron
gave us Dexron II and now Dexron III, all backwards compatable. So you
can put Dexron III in your Dynaflow or early 50s Powerglide just fine.
Somewhere Mercron fluid was offered by Ford and then the spec was
combined with Dexron II and III. Then in the early 90s all the car
companies seemed to have special mixes of ATF for their brand of car.
Need fluid for a Honda? Get the Honda fluid, etc. Lots of opinions now.
We have it easy in Powerglides, anything from Type A to the latest
Dexron will work.

Frank DuVal