<VV> flex plate bolts

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 09:31:09 EDT 2008

JR:
I am glad you have said that. I "revved" the engine a little more than usual and whammo, the rattling returned, just as it did when I took her in a couple of months ago. So I am going to tighten them down correctly and use thread lock, and keep my fingers crossed it doesn't return. In the meantime, I will take suggestions on the possibility that something is out of whack, but what I don't have a clue. What I could do to test this situation like this is even harder for me to conceptualize, except removing or replacing the differential.
This car is not on the road, I am tinkering and fixing everything I can (within reason) until the new title comes back from the slow pokes at the DMV. AND if I decide to drive it, it would be back and forth to my office (less than 2 miles away in a 25 mph zone) until I gain some confidence that this particular issue is not terminal.
chris mann, 69 monza convertible with an original specified 110/pg (the current 110/pg is from a 65,66,or 67)

J R Read_HML <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net> wrote: Something is out of balance?
Later, JR