<VV> v-style corvair engine

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:41:16 EDT 2008

I would think that cooling was a big factor in favor of the boxer
configuration. Not to mention a lower center of gravity.

Has anyone ever built a V configuration engine that was cooled withair
from a fan? I would think the shrouding would be a nightmare.

Marc Sheridan

But I will bet that the powerplant engineers were considering the inherent
balance of the flat six, as opposed to the inherent shakiness of almost  all
V6s, unless bent to a 60 degree angle. Has anyone ever built a 120  degree
V6? I
wonder what the balance characteristics would be. -  Seth