<VV> v-style corvair engine

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu Jun 5 14:08:14 EDT 2008

http://fnader.com/TatraHemiV8.jpg

A fan at the bottom of each side (each individually belt driven). Air
comes into the engine compartments via the side vents, is drawn into the
top of the engine at the carbs, forced down through the cylinder/heads,
and exhausted through the rear bumper. (The thermostat is a flap behind
the engine... shown here in "recirc" mode... when it get hot the flap
closes the air exits through the bumper.

The engine compartment is sealed and there is no heater provision
(heater is a gas heater which sits under the driver's seat). Shrouding
is more complicated than a Corvairs, but not impossibly so.

Bill