<VV> v-style corvair engine

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 16:49:47 EDT 2008

Well, there are a few V type air cooled engines, but the flat style just
seems to fit better, it's easier to route the air flow for cooling, low hood,
etc. Things motorcycles don't need to deal with, usually, hence the reason there
 are so few flat motorcycle engines. The only V type air cooled car engines I
am  aware of are Tatras and ZAZs. Not sure if I got the right car on that
last one,  but it's an Eastern Bloc car. There may be others, but the advantages
of  horizontally opposed cylinders in air cooled engines, especially rear
engines,  is well known.

Also, I am SURE when GM looked at VWs, Porsches, Tuckers, and 'modern'  (note
quotes) air cooled aircraft engines, it was an easy step for them.

In a message dated 6/5/2008 12:52:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,