<VV> v-style corvair engine

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 17:34:23 EDT 2008

Space is less of a concern with industrial engines. Otherwise, they  wouldn't
be SOO low in specific output!

In a message dated 6/5/2008 5:20:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
harding.ian at gmail.com writes:

On Thu,  Jun 5, 2008 at 1:49 PM, <JVHRoberts at aol.com> wrote:

>  Well, there are a few V type air cooled engines, but the flat style  just
> seems to fit better, it's easier to route the air flow for  cooling, low
> hood,
> etc. Things motorcycles don't need to deal  with, usually, hence the reason
> there
>  are so few flat  motorcycle engines. The only V type air cooled car engines
>  am  aware of are Tatras and ZAZs. Not sure if I got the right car on  that
> last one,  but it's an Eastern Bloc car. There may be  others, but the
> advantages
> of  horizontally opposed  cylinders in air cooled engines, especially rear
> engines,  is  well known.

These guys seem to believe in the  V...

http://www.wisconsinmotors.com/
Maybe horizontal space is more  of a concern in their typical applications.
Lots of farm machines use  these.

- Ian

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.