<VV> Quick Steering

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 09:15:08 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/7/2008 12:08:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
schwasd at verizon.net writes:

I bought  a quick steering box and arms out of a '66 to install in my '65.  I
know  the steering shaft in mine is one-piece and the "new" one is two-piece
with a  coupling.  The only other difference I have heard about is the flange
that bolts to the floor inside.  I hope the steering wheel spline is the
same between the two years.  Can anyone offer some instruction for this  swap?

Steve

Steve,

I did this to a '65 Convertible, but I also switched the upper steering
shaft/wheel assembly so all components matched the '66 car.  The '65  had the
"chest sticker" long shaft steering box and it was simpler to change
everything--and safer.  Seth Emerson and others have a lot more experience  with this and
will probably respond.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Washington DC Suburbs