<VV> Bad listening... wrong diagnostic

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 10:04:10 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/7/2008 5:16:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dmonasterio at megared.net.mx writes:

     I could be confused on the terms used for noises  description but, the
fact is that I misinterpreted the sound of a leaking  head, thinking it was
some kind of pre-ignition.
The  engine has been loosing power  gradually so, at re tightening the
left head it recovered  dramatically.

I once thought I blew a piston on a sandcar.....  6000 rpm   for 30 seconds
and then BANG !   Whack whack.....towed it  back

Back at camp....did a compression test....one side was weak..20-30  psi...
same find... lower nuts were loose.. found it as I went to remove  rockers to
pull head... retorqued and  went back to the hill to race some  more!

dmonasterio at megared.net.mx writes:

    And... mine was not a question, just some way to say  that even with many
years of dealing with 'vairs I´ve not became an  expert.

Daniel, this happens all the time on Written   posts.....   many readers   do
not seem to read the  WHOLE  post... then think...before replying!  I
constantly see  this....  and I even do it from time to time.

We're just so anxious to HELP!!! GGG

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
_http://members.aol.com/patiomatt_ (http://members.aol.com/patiomatt)
somewhere  between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.