<VV> Internet Connecting Re: VirtualVairs presentation

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 10:18:11 EDT 2008

Before I got DSL (Verizon) I would use the dial-up  for normal email
messages, but NOT download any files since even a relatively  small 5 mb file took 30
minutes to download.  I would save those for my  periodic trips to the local
library where I'd bring in my laptop and use their  wireless connection to
download all the files in a few minutes.  Also used  it for updating software and
doing big searches off the Internet.  A  friendly librarian told me that even
when the library is closed, the wireless  connection stays on, so sometimes I
would go in the car and park right OUTSIDE  the library and use their
wireless.  Just had to make sure I parked where  the sun wasn't shining on the laptop
screen!  About time I got something  back for the many thousands of dollars in
local taxes I pay every year!
    Frank "sometimes parsimonius" Burkhard

In a message dated 6/6/2008 5:37:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,