<VV> ring gear setting patterns

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 12:37:08 EDT 2008

Thanks for the info Dan. The 1st link which includes ideal contact for Used gears was especially useful. I had not seen anything like that elsewhere. My current pattern is centered on the drive side, heel contact on the coast side, with .010 backlash. I was planning to leave as is, but now I may reduce the backlash a bit to better center the coast pattern and move the drive pattern toward the toe.