<VV> 4doors, was: Corsa differences humor

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 7 15:43:29 EDT 2008

The REAL beauty IS the 4door hardtop. Even the designers at GM considered
it their best work (and that word from GM via Dave Newell). Beautifully
porportioned from any angle. On the other hand, the 2door suffers when
viewed from the 3/4 angle. The result is a short hood/long deck look
(opposite of the classic long hood/short deck present on sporty cars like
the Rustang). Even Car and Drive "criticized" the car as having a "too
short" hood, a remark reproduced in one of the Corvair's ads. Also from
that angle, the rounded roof, rounded backlite, and rounded rear body
panels make the car look "slightly pregnant". Not very flattering at all.
No, the vast majority of people are blind to this, literally, ugly
viewpoint. All they think of is that "2doors are ALWAYS  more beautiful
that 4doors". Rubbish! Truth is, the best way of hiding this design flaw is
to add a Fitch Ventop (which of course wasn't "factory").

As a result, us 4door lovers not only get the most beautiful body style,
but also benefit from that misguided 2door idea by not having to spend as
much money to get one. Then there is the practicality of a 4door (4doors,
no waiting, as a friend of mine says) in the access to the back seat and
load area, the superior setting position of the back seat, and all the
other benefits of the 4door body style.  To top it all off, all Corvairs
are mechanically identical to start with, so driving pleasure is not
compromised in the slightest. It all makes a 4door an unbeatable, superior
combination.

You 2door lovers can have your delusions. Make mine a 4door. :o)

-Mark