<VV> Corsa differences

Fitchsprint fitchsprint at comcast.net
Sat Jun 7 17:50:07 EDT 2008

Hey Mark
Please emphasize sticker price difference. The way you throw the $74.20 figure around, you'd think that the Corsa Specific parts would only cost you that much to convert your Monza to a Corsa in 1965-66. If you do mean that it would only cost $74.20 to buy the Corsa Specific equipment at the dealer, can you break that down. It seems hard to believe that I could have bought a 140 manual trans Monza in 1965, and then go to the parts department and buy all the 140hp Corsa specific parts to duplicate a Corsa for $74.20. I have to assume you meant sticker price difference, because I would expect it to cost alot more than that to add all the Corsa equipment to a Monza in 65-66. And by the way, Chevy considered the trim difference enough to designate it a different model. Same applies to the Monza over the 500 model. Alot of people have converted late model Monza's and 500's to Corsa specs, but converting Corsa's to Monza or 500 specs are rare. The only thing I can think of that might come from a Monza or 500 that a Corsa owner may want to switch to is a PG. But would he remove all the Corsa trim to make it look like a Monza or 500, I highly doubt it. I feel a Corsa is more than the sum of its parts. I don't agree that the Corsa is just a Monza plus the Sticker price difference of $74.20. A Corsa has it own identity and is not a Monza plus 74.20 price difference in trim.  Just like a Pontiac GTO has its own identity and is not a Lemans. Just my opinion.