<VV> How my car ended up this way

mark bobolz 1877colt at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 8 14:03:32 EDT 2008

 In a post I made earlier I mentioned my car is now in pieces all over the garage floor. I thought I'd clarify how it ended up this way!
   My first one was a 67' 4 door, loved the looks of that four door, but it had a broken front cross-member...So bought a 65' rag top and drove it until a piston broke. That's when I found out people usually wont touch corvairs...Managed to find a person that used a piston out of the 67' and got it running...lasted for a couple of years then broke another piston in the engine... so decided to "fix it right" ordered all new parts for the motor...pistons, rings, rods, cam, crank, etc...etc...spent a lot of money on that. Put it together and it never ran, no idea why, read a shop manual (Chilton's), and "thought I did it right", guess not. So junked the 4-door and the vert. (except the engine) bought a 66' turbo with low miles and single owner. Flywheel was bad...Since I had to fix the flywheel I got a bit carried away, took out the power train, took the motor apart with all the new stuff, thought I'd "rebuild the turbo motor" with all the new parts that were in the one that
 never ran.
   So now I have a freshly painted car and a bunch of engine parts all over the place and not sure what to do because last time I put one together it would not run.
     Sorry for the long post...Thanks to everyone for the link I needed!! Joined Corsa this morning...so that's one more member up and not down :)