<VV> lm flex plate bolts

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 13:40:22 EDT 2008

I see that I have to post pics elsewhere and direct traffic to that place.

I get it now! I was daring and loosened that bolt and stuck a screwdriver in there and took some pictures (see link below).

http://community.webshots.com/album/563741287lniKOh

http://community.webshots.com/album/563741287lniKOh

So, yeah, I was way off, my apologies to all (i tend to get overzealous with my newfound hobby); but happy to discover new things about my Corvair.

My only question really now is, just how much "slop" should I see? I approximate the nut to be about 1/2" and the square hole about 5/8". Not sure (because of my inexperience) if this relationship should be tighter? like near zero tolerance?
the round hole in the plate itself does not look elongated or oval shaped (pshew!)
and the bolt threads do not appear chattered or stretched.

I am going to take the fan shroud off to get my torque wrench in there and torque to 25 ft. lbs. too.

thanks to all.
chris mann, 69 vert
with a 66 110/pg