<VV> Early shifting PG

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon Jun 9 23:36:43 EDT 2008

Jason wrote:
Ok folks. Everyone was really helpful on the shifting problem I was having
with my 1960 PG. I adjusted the choke thermostat, and changed the modulator
but she still is shifting at 10 mph. Anymore thoughts on the remedy? Thanks.
Jason

Craig replies:
Have you adjusted the throttle input to the transmission? (The seemingly
meaningless bellcrank on the side of the transmission)?  This is the primary
input to the transmission for shift timing.

>From the transmission section of the '61 service manual it reads "Correct
throttle valve (TV) linkage adjustment is necessary to provide the correct
shift schedule" and then it goes on to send the reader to section 9, (Page
9-3) "Accelerator Control Linkage Adjustments"

Unless there is and internal problem in your transmission, (unlikely), this
adjustment should correct the problem. Didn't we go into this last week, or
was that someone else with the same issue?
HTH,
Craig Nicol