<VV> PG

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Tue Jun 10 08:29:15 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,

I haven't been following this thread that closely, so I'm sorry if I am repeating some advice others might have given you. In your email, you do not mention if you adjusted the throttle rod from the bellcrank on the PG to the carb cross shaft. It is very important to make sure that, when adjusting the position of the swivel (not the correct term) on the throttle rod that goes into the cross shaft, you have the throttle rod pulled through the detent in the PG. You can feel the detent quite easily. Pull the throttle rod firmly and you will feel it seem to stop. Pull a bit harder and the throttle rod will continue farther toward the rear of the car. You can feel the rod pulling through the detent.

I had a similar problem that I did not correct until I really jerked on the throttle rod in my car. I had not realized that the detent was so tight.

Regards,
Joe White
CORSA, RMC