<VV> museum

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 11:46:46 EDT 2008

this is exactly what I wanted my post about hot air marketing to spawn. A discussion about a BIG museum. At least bigger than the one we have now. (mark, I know) I was jostling around the concept of a "half the size" of the corvette museum kind of thing. A place big enough to take in a rotating exhibit of our own cars, trucks, vans, airplanes, sand rails, dune buggies and air boats. When you think about the contribution of the corvair engine itself as a mechanical marvel to the mechanized industries it can blow your mind.
"if you build it they will come"
to do this
1.) negotiate with villages, cities, and/or townships, parishes, whatever, to get some land that is nearly tax free (so to speak) or have something donated then change it to a tax free or nearly tax free hunk of land
2.) design a basic building, nothing fancy, maybe even an insulated metal pole building with phased additions along the way
3.) conventions, swap meets, workshops, car shows, club meetings, restoration facilities, a tech library, programs for youngsters, children to experiment with air cooled technology or car design, the learning concepts could be "think outside the box, and a proving grounds,
wouldn't this be SOOOOO COOOOOL!!!! Who hear has ever heard of EAA? Think about what they did with their organization, a full scale operational facility dedicated to airplanes.
We could do the same thing!
think big ideas for a nice small wonderful little car!

George Jones <65crownv8 at gmail.com> wrote: Thought that offer was made some time ago, but CORSA nixed it because it
wasn't a "central location". This is all heresay, but I wouldn't mind
finding out the details behind the offer......