<VV> museum

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Tue Jun 10 16:19:43 EDT 2008

I feel a museum of Corvair only is very doable.  Doesn't have to be big.
Doesn't have to be "centrally located."  Doesn't have to have only Corvairs.
A place to have all the cars and all the stuff together and displayed would
be a huge benefit to the club.

How about a display of Corvair copycats?  How many different cars are around
that look like Corvairs, the BMW 2002 comes to mind.  How about a rotating
display of members cars, or the latest Chevrolet loaned by a sponsoring
Chevy dealer.  Or how about hooking up with a local tourist trap like the
little car museum in Stone Mountain, GA, they not only have cars but antique
bicycles and some way cool self-contained orchestra machines.

I don't have a copy of that survey that went around a couple months ago.
Actually, I didn't read it because I interacted with a director directly
about it.  Perhaps, though, these are the sorts of questions that should be
on a survey, instead of what would you like to eat at the banquet.

Where does one go to weigh in seriously about this sort of thing?  VV is not
the place to work it out seriously.  VV is a good place to get real ideas
flowing.

Mike Clark
Stockbridge, Georgia