<VV> CPF Museum

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Wed Jun 11 20:40:12 EDT 2008

As CPF Curator, I should be more positive but, I can't ever see us
having our own museum.  Even if someone "gave" us a building, it costs
lots of money to maintain a museum.  Jack Miller at our Ypsi museum says
visitor admission fees don't even cover the electric bill let alone
insurance, heat, water bill, wages,etc.  He recently spent $50,000
installing a sprinkler system to meet city code.  Who would we get to
stay at the museum 7 days a week to run it?  I'm curator for CPF and I
only get to the museum a couple of times a year.  Jack is paid a salary
to sit there waiting for the dozen or so people who may wander in on a
given day.  To fund a museum you need endowments from rich people or the
government.  Let's face it, Corvair people are at the bottom of the
barrel wealth wise.  If we had any money we wouldn't be playing with
rusty Corvairs!
Clark Hartzel