<VV> CPF Museum

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Jun 12 14:52:15 EDT 2008

Smitty Says:  Clark's and James's comments are well spoken.  The prevailing theme of both posts is "we don't have the money".  No argument with that.  Next prevailing theme is "we will never have the money".  Who says so?  I am notoriously cheap but I would readily give a hundred bucks to see a building materialize.  Not talking about our very own either, (which I deny is an imposibility) but maybe another like the Richmond location.  So the owners split and it had to fold up.  Created problems but nobody in CORSA got hurt.  What makes anybody think there isn't another deal like that around.  If the owners business went belly up we could gather out toys and put them back in storage where they would bring the same pleasure they do now.  None.  Somebody out there has the pockets to make a museum possible.  First to mind is a lady who might like to see her husbands favorite project presented with his name taking precidence in the name of the museum.  I am sure there are
 others.
  Lastly I agree that we should separate the leadership of CPF from CORSA as much as possible.  CORSA management and BOD has a full plate and don't need the additional trauma of worrying about CPF having a museum.  Probably a great percentage of them don't care one way or the other.  That is not the kind of leadership and interest that will dedicate themselves to seeing it happen.
  I am not going to say that nobody has investigated options since the Yipselenti agreement was reached, but would you care to bet me on it?