<VV> Frustrating weekend

Ron ronh at owt.com
Sun Jun 15 00:32:57 EDT 2008

Preset the timing with a test light or ohm meter by setting the crank at the
correct ignition point and then turning the distributor until the points are
just opening.  This should get it pretty close.  Once it's running OK it can
be fine set with your timing light.
Did you remove, clean and replace the battery cables on the battery?  Just
an idea.  Also, turn the engine with a 3/4" box wrench on the flywheel nut
and see if it feels extra tight for any reason.  Also, make sure that the
cylinders aren't filled with gasoline from a stuck float valve.
RonH