<VV> Upper head stud thread size

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 15 13:18:47 EDT 2008

I think they are 3/8 24 threads per inch. I used a strong wire brush on mine cleaning them very thoroughly with that. Then I ran an old head nut up and down all the threads with some motor oil as a lubricant.They seemed to clean up pretty nicely with this method. A friend of mine used a wire wheel in a drill on some of the rougher ones he had (using safety glasses of course). I hope this helps you.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado