<VV> update on my torque converter problems

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 15:57:56 EDT 2008

hello guys and gals:

I will be replacing the torque converter on this convertible of mine. A fellow Corvair geek, Bob Ehrenreich, has one (used) and it turns out the fundamental difference between this replacement and the one I have is, NO RETAINER CLIPS!. duh! I get it now, the retaining clips fasten to the nut and hold them to the TC. And the reason I had problems, was that centrifugal force just spun these puppies loose all the time.
Now how in the heck does somebody (prior owners) run a car so hard that all three of these clips fly off?! hmmmm. for once, "I didn't do it."
chris mann
69 monza vert 110/pg