<VV> [fastvair] Re: Indy Plans

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:34:18 EDT 2008

I love google/maps!  That's what I've been using.

Thanks, I'll look for some centralized camping then.  I was looking at it as going from one event to the next in one straight shot.  That would be about 2 hours from one to the other.  The centralized location does look better at this point.

Any locals to Indy that want to suggest a camping spot offline are welcome to do so.BarryE in SC
Dodge dually, camper, flat towing a LM 4 spd.> Subject: [fastvair] Re: Indy Plans> > The distance from the host hotel to all three of the locations, Putnam Park, Muncie Dragway and Grissom AFB is between 48 and 51 miles. Two Hours????? No way! Do a Mapquest or Google Earth search! I have a map showing all three locations. I'll try to send it. Might be too big.> No idea about camp grounds.> > > -- "D. Barry Ellison" <bars84crx at hotmail.com> wrote:> I'm trying to make plans for Indy. Can you confirm my research that it's just over 2 hours from the Time Trials (July 31) to the Muncie Drags (Aug 1), and another 2+ hours from there to Putnam Park (Aug 2nd)? (Allow more time while towing)> > We'll be camping, possibly 3 campers with cars in tow, 2 of which will participate (me and Tony + Dad). Where can we stay each day/night? Free is good! If not at the tracks, we can find campgrounds close? Indy natives are welcome to suggest a decent central place.> > I see we have trailer parking at the host hotel. Camping in the parking lot? :D We do in Florida. LOL> > I'm trying to determine if it's best for us to park the camper in a central location and pull the car around, or pull it all together from event to event, or drive the car from event to event. Should we just camp near the Jameson Inn somewhere? Nice rate for Jameson. We stayed at one recently near Lexington.> > Barry Ellison> Details, Details - Saving my money for $450 in fuel between now and then for the 1360 mile round trip in 5 days.> > > ____________________________________________________________> Online Stock Trading - Straightforward pricing. Powerful tools. Click here!> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/Ioyw6iiejgTcUeQg0N60fQimGoDZCztX6yruCuDDjMCfGFHlzHPZ9Q/> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> > > ------------------------------------> > This list is for racing/modifying our Corvairs,and to buy/sell parts.> homepage http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fastvair "sign in" at upper right of page for archives, edit your membership(digest,unsubscribe)> Post message: fastvair at yahoogroups.com > > Yahoo! Groups Links> > <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fastvair/> > <*> Your email settings:> Individual Email | Traditional> > <*> To change settings online go to:> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fastvair/join> (Yahoo! ID required)> > <*> To change settings via email:> mailto:fastvair-digest at yahoogroups.com > mailto:fastvair-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com> > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> fastvair-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com> > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>