<VV> CO sensor

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Mon Jun 16 16:05:09 EDT 2008

Hi again Matt,

If it wasn't a constant concern, most production cars wouldn't have completely sealed firewalls.
I've driven front-engined cars with bad, cracked or non-existent rubber firewall seals,
with blowby coming out the oil breather caps and that smells just as bad.

My better Corvairs of the time, were very fume-free, but there isn't a car out there,
these days, that pumps heated engine-cooling air into the passenger compartment, by design!

My point is that if this simple modification is done, the entire situation changes and you'll never need to rely on
a CO meter again. Of course, block the outflow ports on the engine, once the tubes are removed.
It might even improve engine cooling efficiency....LOL

Mel