<VV> CO sensor

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 17:14:56 EDT 2008

Timothy asked:
So if one properly maintains his car, keeping it free of oil and exhaust
leaks, using a CO detector (for analysis) he/she is still slowly committing
suicide? How about for those of us that use the gasoline heater? I believe
(as does the US government) my Corvairs are safe.Not just my opinion either
I am sure.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado (getting ready to drive my Corvair to
Ventura)

Craig replies:
There are 12 exhaust joints in the heater duct. Cast iron manifolds crack
occasionally. Failures of these items in their early stages are inaudible.
CO detectors are cheap.  Sounds like a no brainer to me.
Craig Nicol