<VV> Dual Petronics!!! Ultimate in reliability? ( flight engine facts)

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Tue Jun 17 10:34:28 EDT 2008

Dave,
    "Belt and Suspenders" concept.  Chances of  BOTH failing at the SAME time
is extremely small.  We can all see why this  is a good thing to have in an
airplane.  If you lose ignition, you can NOT  just coast to the side of the
road and try to fix it.<GGG>  As  you probably know by now, electronics don't
fail too often, but when they  do, they're usually COMPLETELY gone.   I still
remember that day long  ago when my wife called me to say she stopped to get gas
and couldn't get the  Corvair started again.  I reminded her of the switch I
had shown  her on the side of the electronic CD (not compact disc, but
capacitive  discharge) ignition box and told her to move it to the other position
which would restore the stock point ignition by completely bypassing the CD  box.
 She did it and the car started right up much to the amazement of the
station attendant.  She later said he was quite impressed with her  mechanical
ability!<GGGG>
    The point is that I installed the switch  myself "just in case" the
electronics failed.  Not a bad idea especially if  you have a non-tech person
regularly driving the car.
    Thanks for reminding me of times long past.
    Frank "long memory for some things"  Burkhard

In a message dated 6/17/2008 7:47:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,