<VV> Subject: CO2 Actual recommendation

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 17 12:00:27 EDT 2008

I'm using a home type CO2 sensor that I bought for $20 at Home
Depot.  I have it placed under the passenger side seat.  It has gone
off three times.  Not to worry though, twice was when the Durango was
pulled into the garage and left running a little too long.  I got the
same effect when the Corvair was running in the garage.  Having the
tail pipes facing the driveway and the floor fan pushing the air out
has little effect as the car seems to not be burning the gas properly
as 1) I'm getting 13 mpg on a 110 PG with a "new" engine  2) my eyes
start to burn after several minutes of idle (lost my sense of smell
after nasal surgery so I'll need to get the wife out there next time
to check for that tell tale gasoline smell).

Stephen Upham

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110, Sierra Tan, Saddle