<VV> Watches (not much Corvair)

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Fri Jun 20 08:40:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm stuck in the 60s, which I think was one of the most historically significant decades in history. Aside from our favorite car being sold, the 60s saw social and technological changes that continue to ripple through current times and across the globe. I'm a big enthusiast of the space program (major 60s technical achievement), which lead to my career as an engineer (though I have spent most of my time in the computer industry as opposed to my time in aerospace) and to my minor obsession of collecting "space" watches and military watches. My favorite watch is the Omega Speedmaster moon watch and the Bulova Accutron (an amazing piece of engineering) followed by Heurer Autavias. The Heurer Autavias were advertised in the back of Road&Track, a magazine that always had kind things to say about Corvairs during the 60s. So, I was thinking this morning, about the French GP (this weekend - televised practice on Speed TV today), watches, and cars - and started wondering what my fellow Vair enthusiasts wore on their wrists. As an informal survey, post what you are wearing for a watch.

Regards,
Joe White
CORSA, RMC

P.S. The most widely worn pilot watch is the Timex Ironman ...