<VV> Watches (not much Corvair)

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 20 19:25:24 EDT 2008

Watches are my downfall, them and cameras.  Since watches are cheaper I tend
to have a bunch of them. Probably the most valuable one I have is a Hamilton
from the 40's that is solid 18K gold.  It was bought by my aunt and given to
my uncle.  When they divorced in the 60's she kept the watch and gave it to
me several years later,  I took it to a watchmaker to have cleaned and he
just couldn't believe it.  He said he hadn't seen any watch that nice in
years.

My normal everyday watch is a Seiko Diver watch that's self-winding and all
stainless steel.  I need all stainless steel or else my body eats away at
the pot metal.  I have another Seiko that's SS and Gold with a white face
that I wear for dress or a Croton that is SS and gold with a blue face self
winder diver watch.  These Crotons are cheaper than Seiko and the quality
isn't as good.  Their luminous numbers hardly put out any light compared to
the Seiko's.

I have many other cheap watches, some self winding , but most are battery
that I use for working around the house and yard.  Probably the most amazing
is the Casio G Force that I got from Ford a few weeks after we bought our
2000 Focus wagon.  That watch is still working and keep almost perfect time
(just seconds off) after all these years with the same battery.  I don't
wear it often because the nylon band is hot and the watch sticks out so far
that you keep hitting things with it.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Kent Island, MD