<VV> What seems like really horrible mpg for an "economy" car

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Jun 21 17:18:44 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/21/2008 12:46:56 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
contactsmu at sbcglobal.net writes:

PG -  Axle ratio ? (Will the production code tell me, or where do I
look?), 20-30 F/R, 110, .052, Both town 70% hwy 30% appx. , 40/65
respectively, what else would be helpful to  know?

Stephen

Stephan,
I suggest that you first consider reducing the jet sizes back to stock
0.050s. Set the timing at 14deg BTDC.  Then make a fuel consumption check  on a 50
+ mile trip at some nearly constant speed such as 60 mph. A whole  tankfull
trip would be better. Make sure that your tank doesn't leak any (due to  a
failed filler hose).
Then let us know how you are doing.

Regards,
Bob Helt