<VV> Paint protection products

Robert Hawley iamrgh at charter.net
Fri Jun 27 01:20:29 EDT 2008

Has anyone tried the 3M (or other brands) of plastic overlay paint protection for the front of their cars? I  had my Spyder painted last year and am noting the first paint chips on the front panel and a ding (horrors) on my NOS grill bar.  I checked with one dealer and (of course) he didn't have access to a precut pattern for a Corvair, but did say that he could possibly install one as a custom item. I have tried a Corvair bra, but it is a bit bulky and when the bra trunk piece is installed the changed air flow causes the top to slap on the bows when the top is up.

Any advice is appreciated on prices paid, who might have a precut pattern for a EM Corvair, if they work or any alternatives.  Thanks in advance,  Bob Hawley (1963 Spyder vert)