<VV> Ventura Autocross Pictures - FC Autocross

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sat Jun 28 22:45:49 EDT 2008

Then at 16:47 6/28/2008 -0400, Dennis PLEAU wrote:
>lclc explained to me years ago they will not tip because they are self
>regulating.  The wheel come up and you lose drive.  He said even with posi
>you will slip the posi enough you can't get in to trouble.  Not saying you
>couldn't turn one over if you really wanted to but under normal autoX
>conditions they won't go over.

The differential in our '65 Greenbrier was rebuilt with a posi carrier and
I can reaffirm lclc's observations. Wheel up=no go. The trick to faster
times is to keep all the wheels [mostly] on the ground unless you are
"coasting" though some tight turns.  A turn tight enough to lift a wheel
really scrubs off the speed.

At one autocross I observed lclc get his GB camper (with the Vista Cruiser
roof) up on two wheels--the inside rear was about 4" off the ground when
the inside front came up about 1/4." It looked impressive, but lclc was
nowhere close to rolling it over.

Now then, driving along in an FC at 80 MPH and making a sudden swerve might
be a different story....

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI