<VV> early model clock adjustment

John S Ryall jryall at juno.com
Sat Mar 1 10:27:31 EST 2008

 There are two other methods of ensuring that your clock is correct.

The first is: The earth is approximately 24,000 miles in circumference,
with 24 time zones.  Were talking at the equator, so you may have to make
some adjustments to these calculations to suit your circumstances.  Each
time zone is 1000 miles.  As your clock is losing 10 each day, all you
have to do is drive 10 minutes / 60 minutes x 1000 miles (about 167
miles) west each day, and your clock will show the correct siderial time.

The second is: Disconnect the clock from power.  It will now be exactly
correct twice a day.  This is the most accurate clock.  If you have a
clock that loses (or gains) only one second per day, it will take 43,200
days for it to read correctly again.  Based on a 12 hour clock, of
course.

John Ryall ;~)