<VV> bumper struts-no corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 13:21:36 EST 2008

In a message dated 3/2/2008 7:39:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

My  question is, what's inside the bumper struts on a modern GM car?
Bumpers  (facsha) on newer GM cars are held to the body by collapsible
struts. Is it  oil filled? Springs?
A current project requires two of these to be  modified, and before I get out
the torch and/or the saw, I need to know what's  inside.

harry yarnell

I think it is oil - I have seen instructions to drill out the "shocks" at
the junkyard, if found in a compressed condition, for the safety of the worker.
- Hearsay only. - Seth

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)